We all know that the equation for weight loss is eating less and exercising more. However, believe it or not, consuming fewer calories can actually mean eating more of the right kinds of foods. Here are some tips and tricks that can help you along your journey to your dream body:
- Consume whole grains: If you typically eat refined carbohydrates, substituting whole grain bread, whole wheat pasta and brown rice can help you lose weight. Whole grains have more fiber which can keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Drink lots of water: Sometimes what we think is hunger might actually just be thirst. Staying well hydrated can help you avoid consuming unnecessary calories.
- Eat breakfast: Skipping meals is always a bad idea when you are trying to lose weight and breakfast is particularly important. Fiber and lean protein will give you energy to start your day off right and make good diet and exercise choices throughout the day.
- Get plenty of fiber: In addition to whole grains, you can also get plenty of fiber by eating lots of fruit and vegetables. The high water content also makes them more filling than the caloric equivalents of less filling alternatives.
- Have a plan: If you are serious about losing weight, plan out what and how much you will eat for each snack and meal. We tend to make poor food choices when we are very hungry, so don't wait until then to decide!
If you have been unable to reach your aesthetic goals through diet and fitness alone, it may be time to consider getting cosmetic surgery procedures in Miami. Christopher Craft, M.D., is one of the finest plastic surgeons in the Southeast and he can help you achieve the body you've always dreamed of. Contact Christopher Craft Cosmetic Surgery today to schedule your initial consultation!