If you are considering a Mommy makeover, Brazilian butt lift or some other form of plastic surgery, scheduling a consultation with a Miami cosmetic surgeon could be the first step to a better body and a major boost in self-confidence. However, this appointment is also an opportunity to discover whether the treatment you may have your heart set on is actually the right option for you. Every board-certified plastic surgeon has a professional responsibility to ensure that their patients have realistic expectations, and the initial consultation is often a good way to gauge this.
So, what exactly will you be discussing during your first meeting with your plastic surgeon? The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has provided a basic outline for various procedures, but whatever you are considering, you can expect to answer questions about the following:
- Any past operations and complications that arose
- Areas you are concerned with and your desired outcome
- Existing medical conditions and medications you currently take
- Habits that could affect healing such as smoking, drinking and the use of certain herbal supplements
Your Miami plastic surgeon, in turn, should be able to clarify some of the following things for you during this appointment:
- The surgical options available to you and how they can help accomplish your desired outcomes
- Any potential complications that could arise
- What the recovery process entails
- Your surgeon's experience performing your desired procedure.
Ultimately, your consultation will be a learning experience for you and your Miami plastic surgeon. Contact Dr. Christopher Craft today to schedule this all-important appointment and find out if plastic surgery is the best option for you.